The list of forms moving from PDF to being entered online is changing daily. Please check frequently.
The Board is moving to a paperless system, where all of the old PDF forms are tranferred to the website. The online forms will allow you to complete the information on your computer, tablet, or phone (including signing), pay, submit, and receive a confirmation. You will also be able to receive updatematic updates about the status of your submission.
While we work to transition the forms from PDF to online, the forms that are not yet available online are able to be submitted online following the steps below.
Once we set up the online version of the form, the link to the PDF version of the form will change and it will take you directly to the online form to use for the entire submission. You will enter in your information, pay any fees that go along with that form, submit, and receive a confirmation online.
Please follow the directions below to submit your forms. This will help the Board to process your forms while working remotely.
- General Directions for All Forms
- Directions for Specific Sections
- Directions to Pay Form Fees
- Submit Form and Pay Forms Fees Here
- Links to Forms
General Directions for All Forms
- You may submit the PDF versions of the forms online, but only for the forms that are listed as “PDF Form” under the Link Type column in the table below. (i.e. For the license renewal, you would complete that entire process at the link you find in the table- you do not need to submit it here.)
- Forms that are mailed (i.e. USPS, FedEx, UPS) as hardcopies will not be accepted.
- All materials should be submitted via email. Scan the completed form, payment receipt, and any additional required items as one PDF. Please do not send multiple pages, as this will take longer for your submission to be renewed.
- Email: Go to the section on this page Submit and Pay Form Fees Here. Select the appropriate form from the drop-down options and then attach the required documents. Choosing the appropriate category ensures proper processing and the correct fee (if any) associated with the form. Click submit and then you will be taken to the PayPal page to complete the transaction.
- Once the form has been transferred over to the website, you will not be able to access the link to the PDF file. Instead, the link will take you to the online version of the form. That means you will complete the information requested, submit, and pay completely from that form. You do not need to make a copy of that information and upload it here to submit. You will get an error message on this page if you try to upload a version of a form that has been moved to the new online submission.
- Though typed PDF forms are preferred (this helps Board members to read entries easily when they are reviewing applications), you may print and complete the forms by hand using black ink only. Please print the information on the forms legibly. Then scan, upload, and attach the hand completed forms using the Contact Form.
- Refer to the Calendar for submission deadlines, processing times and notifications, if applicable. For general requests, please allow 10 business days.
Directions for Specific Sections
- Transcripts: Must be sent directly from the issuing institution (i.e. the university office or their designated transcript processing company) to the Board.
- Have the university send transcripts to: [email protected] and the subject line “Transcripts.”
- Name Changes: If the name on your transcript is different than the name on your application, documentation such as a copy of your marriage license, divorce decree, or court order, must be submitted with your application(s) for the National MFT Exam or any licensure application.
- Endorsements: Should be emailed directly to the Board by the endorser from their email address.
- Have the endorser email it to: [email protected] and the subject line “Endorsement for INSERT YOUR NAME HERE.”
- Be sure they put your name as it is listed on your application, or it can not be accepted.
- Supervision Reports: All supervision reporting forms must be sent directly from the supervisor’s email address.
- Have the supervisor sent the completed and signed report to: [email protected] with your name and the name of the form as the subject line. For instance, a supervision report being submitted with a license application would have, “Jane Smith LMFTA Application Supervision Report” in the subject line, and a quarterly supervision report would have, “John Doe Quarterly Supervision Report” as the subject line.
- Be sure all hours are submitted on the form, as applicants and licensees are unable to amend and add any additional clinical and/or supervision hours once the form has been submitted.
- Be sure your name is listed as it appears on your application/license, or it can not be accepted.
- Notarized Forms and Photos: Due to the current pandemic, circumstances warrant an alternative to provide proof of identity. Make a clear copy of your current driver’s license or other state issued identification, along with a current photo from a passport or other professional photo. Include this proof on a separate form behind your completed license application PDF.
Directions to Pay Form Fees
If your form requires payment, you will need to submit payment through PayPal. You do not have to have PayPal to submit a payment. You can use a debit or credit card, or your bank account information. Payments using bank account numbers will take longer to process, per bank/PayPal policies.
To make your payment, enter in your name, email address, the name of the form you are about to upload and submit later on the contact page, and then choose the amount from the drop-down menu. You will be taken to the PayPal page, where you will see the amount to pay in the upper right-hand corner. You may log-in to your PayPal account, or if you do not have a PayPal account (or you would like to pay with a debit/credit card), click on the gray box (as shown below in the image).
Links to Forms
|Form||Link Type||Specific Directions||PayPal Amount|
|Ethical Complaints||Online Form||Online form completely ready. Don’t use this page.||n/a|
|License Renewal||Online Form||Online form completely ready. Don’t use this page.||$100 (+$25 for PC/PLLC)|
|Application: National MFT Exam||PDF Form||1||$50|
|Application for Licensure: Instructions||PDF Form||n/a||n/a|
|Application for Licensure: All Types||PDF Form||1, 2, 3, 4||$200|
|Application: LMFTA to LMFT Conversation (Current NC LMFTA only)||PDF Form||3||$100|
|Supervision Report: Quarterly (Current NC LMFTAs only)||PDF Form||3||n/a|
|Supervision Agreement: Adding or Changing AAMFT Approved Supervisor||PDF Form||3||n/a|
|Incorporation Application: PC or PLLC||PDF Form||4||$50|
|Inactive License Request (Current NC Licensees only)||PDF Form||n/a||$50|
|Verification to Other States (NC Licensees Only)||PDF Form||n/a||$25|
|Name Change Request||PDF Form||n/a||n/a|
|Mailing List Request||PDF Form||n/a||$50 or $100|
|Extension Request (NC LMFTAs only)||PDF Form||n/a||$50|
Submit and Pay Form Fees Here
Thank you for your patience and continued support during this difficult time.