This page is still being updated.
This page will keep you abreast of information that LMFTAs and LMFTs should follow. Click below to access the information you need.
- License Renewal Requirements
- License Renewal Form
- Forming a Corporation (PC/PLLC)– This is currently a link to the PDF application. We are working to have this form ready for full submission online ASAP.
- Laws and Codes for MFTs
Outline of Required Information on Renewal Form
The online renewal form is divided into four sections, as outlined below.
Laws and Codes for MFTs
Marriage and family therapy licensees in North Carolina must specifically abide by:
- North Carolina Statutes
- NCGS Chapter 90 Article 18C Marriage & Family Therapy Licensure Act
- NCGS Chapter 143 Article 83 Employee Fair Classification Act
- NCGS Chapter 90 Article 1F Psychotherapy Patient/Client Sexual Exploitation Act
- North Carolina Administrative Code
- AAMFT Code of Ethics
Each year when you renew your license, you will need to review some of the links posted above, and to answer questions about your current standing.